Please visit the dedicated TAGGAC Library website here
|To empower and enrich the user community of TAGGAC to inculcate sound knowledge by means of quality resources and exceptional services.|
|To inspire and impart learning and research attitude through resounding knowledge network.|
|TAGGAC General Library will strive continuously to:|
Enhance the resources and innovative services to challenge the ever growing demands of the library user community.Adopt the latest technologies to provide right information to the user community from rural area at the right time.
Satisfy the information needs of the users in the TAGGAC.
Rules and Regulations
- Membership is open to all the staff and the students of Thiru A. Govindasamy Govt. Arts College.
- Members are responsible for all the books borrowed on their cards.
- All final year student members should get “No Dues Certificate” (NOC) from the General Library.
- Similarly, the staff members who intend to leave the College should settle all the dues and obtain a “No Dues Certificate” (NOC) from the General Library.
|Category||No. Books Issued||Duration|
|Teaching Staff||6||30 days|
|Non-Teaching Staff Student Members (Under Graduate|
ISSUE AND RETURN OF BOOKS
- Books other than reference books will be issued to student members for a period of 15 days only. For teachers, the loan period is 30 days.
- One book will be issued at a time per member.
- Reference Books, Encyclopaedias, Hand Books, Dictionaries, Periodicals, will not be issued and THEY ARE ONLY FOR REFERENCE.
- Two renewals will be permitted if there are no reservations against these books. For renewal, books have to be presented physically at the library counter.
- Members, before leaving the counter must satisfy themselves as to whether the books, which they intend to borrow, are in good condition and any damage/marking should be immediately reported to the Librarian failing which the member to whom the book was issued will be held responsible.
- Books that are in special demand shall be converted into reference and will not be issued to the members.
- Absence will not be accepted as an excuse for the delay in the return of books
- Members are advised to return/renew the books on or before due date marked on the book
- A borrowed book should be returned on the due date, failing which a penalty of Rs.1/- will be collected as overdue charge per day
- Undue delay in returning the books will result in the cancellation of membership
LOSS OF BOOKS
- Loss of books, if any, should be reported to the library immediately and it should be replaced with a new copy along with a levy of overdue charges if any.
- In case the borrower is unable to replace the books that are lost, he will be levied a penalty three times the cost of the book plus overdue charges, if any.
- Personal books, files and other articles (except a small notebook or loose sheets of papers) are not allowed inside the library.
- Silence should be observed strictly inside the library
- Using of Cell Phones inside the library is prohibited
- A member shall be responsible for any damage done by him/her to the books or other Library properties. He/she will be required to replace the book or other damaged property.
- Misbehaviour in the library will lead to cancellation of membership and also lead to serious disciplinary action by the Principal.
- Any marking or writing inside the books by the members is strictly prohibited. If any damage/marking is found, the member should replace the book.
- Not withstanding anything contained in these rules, the decision of the Principal of this college in all matters shall be final and binding.
In additional to all general services, the Library provides various value added services including OPAC, Access to E-Resources, TAGGAC DIGITAL LIBRARY WhatsApp group and a library web portal that contains a links with open access documents.